For Sedation Patients
- NOTHING TO EAT OR DRINK for 8 HOURS PRIOR to your scheduled procedure (not even water). No exceptions.
- You must have a responsible adult (over the age of 18) accompany you to your appointment, wait for
you in the office during the procedure, and DRIVE YOU HOME. A responsible adult should remain at
home with you for several hours following your procedure.
- If a patient eats or drinks within 8 hours of the scheduled procedure or does not have a responsible
adult to drive them home, then we’ll be required by law to cancel and reschedule the procedure. (Please
see below for the “cancellation fee”).
- Wear a short sleeved shirt to your procedure.
- Do not wear lipstick, excessive makeup, or fingernail polish on the day of your surgery.
- Remove all jewelry, including ear, nose, and tongue piercings.
- Stop taking aspirin, anti-inflammatory pain medication 7-10 days prior to surgery
For All Patients
- If you have an artificial heart valve, congenital heart defect, joint implants, diabetes or any other serious illness, then please let us know before your scheduled procedure.
- If you develop a cough, cold, or flu symptoms, then please inform us before your scheduled procedure.
- Minors (less than 18 years) must have a parent or legal guardian present.
- Please note that a fee equaling 50% of your estimated treatment plan will be assessed for cancelling or rescheduling a procedure within 48 hours of the scheduled appointment. This fee is not covered by insurance and will thus be an out of pocket expense.